September 26, 2022 15:21 GMT
HomepagePolitical RiskPolitical Risk BulletBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange NewsPolitical Market News
UK Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng has outlined his "growth plan" in a Treasury Department statement.
- According to the statement, "Cabinet Ministers will announce further supply side growth measures in October and early November."
- "Next month, the Chancellor will, as part of that programme, outline regulatory reforms to ensure the UK’s financial services sector remains globally competitive."
- "He will then set out his Medium-Term Fiscal Plan on 23 November. The Fiscal Plan will set out further details on the government’s fiscal rules, including ensuring that debt falls as a share of GDP in the medium term."
- "He has requested that the OBR sets out a full forecast alongside the Fiscal Plan, on 23 November."
- "The Chancellor also confirmed that there will be a Budget in the Spring, with a further OBR forecast."
- Full statement: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/update-on-growt...