Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Latest opinion poll from Kantar shows support for PM Boris Johnson's Conservatives slumping, while the main opposition Labour Party records a matching jump in support.
- Westminster voting intention: CON: 39% (-4), LAB: 34% (+4), LDEM: 8% (-3), GRN: 8% (+2), via @KantarPublic, 14 - 18 Oct, Chgs. w/ Sep
- Should be noted that the Conservative lead standing at 5% is more in line with other polling outlets, with the September Kantar poll giving the Conservatives a 13% lead a clear outlier.
- Comes at a difficult time for PM Johnson. While polls consistently put his party ahead of Labour, the lead has shrunk in recent months and weeks. A 'cost of living crisis' looms as food and petrol price inflation tick up, energy bills spike due to rising gas prices, and the gov't raises National Insurance contributions.
- This comes at the same time as the country risks a major setback in its efforts to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. A winter where voters feel a hit to their wallets and are struck with the re-imposition of COVID-19 restrictions could do major damage to the Johnson gov'ts long term popularity.