Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Govies are better offered during the European morning session, with better buying interest in Equities on the margin.
- EGB's have stayed heavy, and Bund has led the way, weighted ahead of the German supply.
- The 0% Aug-30 Bund serves as the 10-year benchmark and this will be the third auction this year.
- At the last tap on 15 July, E4.14bn was allotted at an average yield of -0.46%, Buba cover of 1.80x and bid-to-cover of 1.48x.
- German curve is bear steeper, while peripheral spreads are a touch tighter against German 10yr. Greece is the best performer at 2bps, with the spread at 151.9bps
- Gilt, saw the UK GDP coming better than expected, keeping the future contract lower.
- DMO sold GBP2.75bln nominal of 0.125% Jan-28 Gilt
- Avg yld 0.151% (0.045%), bid-to-cover 2.88x (2.15x), tail 0.2bps (0.4bps), price 99.808 (100.597).
- Treasuries are trading close to flat on the day, and the curve bear steeper, despite S&P futures being up 25 points.
- Looking ahead, US CPI, AWE and budget statement are schedule, while Fed Rosengren, Kaplan and Daily will be the speakers for today.