Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.3854 High Sep 15
- RES 3: 1.3795 76.4% retracement of the Sep 14 -29 downleg
- RES 2: 1.3709 50-day EMA
- RES 1: 1.3674 High Oct 11
- PRICE: 1.3663 @ 06:16 BST Oct 14
- SUP 1: 1.3544/3412 Low Oct 6 / Low Sep 29 and the bear trigger
- SUP 2: 1.3354 Low Dec 23, 2020
- SUP 3: 1.3320 2.0% 10-dma envelope
- SUP 4: 1.3277 61.8% retracement of the Sep '20 - Jan bull phase
GBPUSD traded higher yesterday but remains within its recent range. A bearish risk is still present despite the recent corrective recovery. This follows weakness on Sep 28 and 29 and the recent breach of a triangle base drawn from the Jul 20 low. Moving average studies are in a bear mode too. The focus is on 1.3354, Dec 23, 2020 low. Initial resistance is at 1.3674, Oct 11 high. A break would allow for an extension towards 1.3709, the 50-day EMA.