Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
- Lower than expected headline CPI figures worked against the greenback at the outset with the dollar index shedding roughly 30 pips.
- Consistent pressure on equity indices following the data has kept risk-tied currencies under pressure and safe haven fx firmly bid with the Japanese Yen and Swiss Franc notable beneficiaries.
- With risk sentiment weighing, AUDJPY was the worst performing currency pair, down a little over 1% for Tuesday. Despite yesterday's minor uptick, this will be the sixth losing session in the past 7 trading days for the pair, giving up the majority of September's gains.
- USDJPY is currently testing the first support band of 109.59/41 Low Aug 31 and Sep 3 / Low Aug 24.
- Technically, a bearish risk is still present and key support lies at 108.72, Aug 4 low where a break would strengthen a bearish case and open 108.47, a Fibonacci retracement.
- Elsewhere EURUSD printed a fresh high for the week at 1.1846, however, the single currency has gradually reversed, turning negative as we approach Tuesday's close of play.
- GBPUSD also had a sharp turnaround off the highs at 1.3913 to trade a full big figure lower and hover above Monday's worst levels at 1.38.
- Chinese retail sales are due overnight before markets will turn to UK and Canadian CPI data on Wednesday.
- US Empire State Manufacturing Index and Industrial production will headline the US docket.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.