Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Yesterday, CNB deputy governor Tomáš Nidetzký mentioned in an interview that he favors 'relatively fast' hikes and is backing a rate hike on August 5 meeting.
- Market is pricing in a 25bps hike at the next meeting, which would raise the benchmark rate to 0.75%.
- Next important data to watch will be GDP Q2 first estimate coming out on July 30; growth in expected to rebound to 9.2% YoY (vs. -2.4% in Q1).
- USDCZK has been retracing lower in the past two days and is currently testing its 100DMA at 21.47; a break below that level would open the door for a move down to 21.33 (50DMA). On the topside, first resistance stands at 21.86, followed by 21.92.
- Czech 10Y yield ticks higher this morning, currently trading slightly below its 50DMA at 1.69%; next resistance to watch on the topside stands at 1.74%. On the downside, first support stands at 1.60%.