Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Data from Gauteng shows vaccinated individuals are faring a lot better than the unvaccinated – positive news for global vaccination drives.
- Patients present with flu-like symptoms, dry cough, fever, night sweats and a lot of general body pains and malaise – but doctors say it’s early days still, and information may change. NICD data also points to the virus being more prevalent in young people. Vaccine makers are already working on boosters to combat the variant
- Analysts warn that the latest fuel price hikes taking effect from Wednesday will have a dire impact on consumers. On Monday, energy minister Mantashe announced an additional 81 cents per litre for petrol this week, taking the price to over R20 a litre.
- Citizens are calling for a full review of fuel prices, including reducing taxes
- Unions express differing views on mandatory vaccination which is being discussed by a special task team set up by Ramaphosa on Sunday. Cosatu remains against the issue, while Fedusa and Satfu said mandatory vaccination was the way to go.
- Labour analyst specified that the constitution is clear on individuals having the right not to be vaccinated, but said certain industries were well within their rights to mandate it work work purposes
- 0930GMT: 3Q unemployment, propr 34.4%
- 1200GMT: Oct Trade balance exp at 23bn vs -22.0bn prior
- 1200GMT Oct Monthly budget balance exp at -33bn vs -7.3bn prior