Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Tsys extended session lows after better than expected New Home sales for August surged +14% to 800k; Consumer confidence climbed 113.8 vs. 109.8 in Sep.
- Weakness short lived as rates climbed steadily off post-data lows to session highs midway through the second half. Contributing factors for bounce and renewed curve flattening: Block/buy 7.5k FVZ1 at 121-21.5; Block 2s10s flattener: -13,573 TUZ1 109-21.25 vs. +6,977 TYZ1 130-16.5.
- Tsy futures holding near top of session range/mixed with 2s and 5s still mildly weaker after $60B 2Y note auction's (91282CDD0) small stop with 0.481% high yield vs. 0.482% WI; 2.69x bid-to-cover bounce vs Sep's 2.28x (lowest since 2008) well over five auction avg: 2.54x. Decent performance a sign of acceptance of two rate hikes next year one desk posited.
- Equities made new all-time highs (ESZ1 4590.0) after headlines made the rounds the global chip shortage may have crested. US$ posted strong gain as well, DXY +.136 to 93.949 late.
- By the bell, 2-Yr yield is up 1.3bps at 0.4478%, 5-Yr is up 0.8bps at 1.1795%, 10-Yr is down 1.4bps at 1.6167%, and 30-Yr is down 3.2bps at 2.0492%.