Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Gilts have drifted lower through the session, alongside broad equity gains.
- Cash yields are 1-2bp higher on the day with the curve trading close to flat. Last yields: 2-year -0.1024%, 5-year -0.0239%, 10-year 0.3366%, 30-year 0.9115%.
- The Mar 21 gilt future trades at 133.88, 14 ticks off the day's low.
- Short sterling futures are broadly 0.5-1.5 ticks lower in whites/reds/greens/blues
- The final estimate of the January manufacturing PMI came in above the initial reading (54.1 vs 52.9), although delivery times have increased sharply.
- Focus this week is on the BoE meeting on Thursday. Although no material change in monetary policy is expected, markets will be paying attention to the Bank's published review into negative interest rates.