Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
DOLLAR: DXY has added a dozen pips thus far and last trades at 97.43 after
falling 36 pips Friday, as industrial output figures from France and Italy
topped exp. before a soft headline NFP print from the U.S. applied pressure to
the dollar index.
- Fed Chair Powell spoke after hours Friday, as well as in today's Asia-Pacific
session, but offered little new re: MonPol. Powell is set to speak again in the
NY/Asia crossover on Monday.
- WTI trades ~$0.20 higher at writing, with gold trading ~$1.90 lower.
- The initial bullish target is provided by 97.64, where the index peaked on
Friday. A break above would open up the upper 1.0% 10-DMA envelope at 97.73. On
the downside, initial attention is drawn to 97.25, where the index bottomed on
Friday, and a fall through that leve would bring the 21-DMA at 96.75 into view.
- Besides remarks from Powell, U.S. focus today turns to domestic retail sales.