Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGBs have broadly traded weaker this morning while gilts have rallied alongside cautious trading in equities.
- Gilt yields are now 2-3bp lower on the day with the curve marginally flatter. The Mar 21 gilt future trades at 134.67, near the middle of the day's range (L: 134.53 / H: 134.82).
- Bunds have traded weaker with yields ~1bp higher across the curve.
- OATs have slightly underperformed bunds on the day.
- BTPs have similarly sold off with cash yields pushing up 2-3bp.
- The EU's chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier today warned that there was just hours left to reach a trade agreement with the UK.
- Supply this morning came from the UK (bills, GBP5.0bn).
- The December German IFO data came in slightly above expectations.