Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
European government bonds have broadly rallied this morning with the EGB periphery outperforming alongside gains for equities.
- Gilts opened firmer and have traded sideways through the morning. Yields are 1bp lower on the day.
- Bunds have similarly firmed with the curve 1bp flatter.
- OATs have marginally outperformed bunds with belly/long-end yields 2-3bp lower on the day.
- BTPs have outperformed core EGBs with cash yields down 3-5bp.
- Supply this morning came from Germany (Bubill, EUR3.614bn allotted) and the Netherlands (DSL, EUR1.7bn). France will offer EUR5.3-6.5bn of BTFs this afternoon. The UK is today issuing GBP4bn of a 0.125% Mar-39 linker via syndication with books last seen over GBP28.75bn. There is also a hefty EUR20.3bn OAT redemption today.
- The final German Q1 GDP print was a touch weaker than the initial estimate (-1.8% Q/Q vs -1.7% previously).