Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
European sovereign bonds have rallied with curves bull flattening alongside gains of equities and G10 FX losses against the USD.
- Gilts opened stronger and trading firmer through the morning. Cash yields are 1-5bp lower with the curve 3-4bp flatter.
- German bonds have similarly posted gains, while falling short of the gilt rally. The bund curve is 3bp flatter on the day.
- The long-end of the OAT curve outperformed with yields 3bp lower.
- BTPs trade in line with gilts. Yields are down 1-5bp.
- UK GDP increased y 2.3% M/M in April, a touch below consensus (2.4%) but marking the fastest pace of expansion since last July.
- The UK DMO earlier sold GBP3bn of 1/3/6-month bills.