Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A busier afternoon session for EGBs after US inflation Core CPI missed expectation.
- US Unrounded numbers were % M/M figures: Headline 0.474; Core: 0.329. Unrounded
- % Y/Y figures: Headline 5.365; Core: 4.275.
- Govies have in turn pushed off their lows. To make new session high, although we still remain in negative territory at the time of typing.
- Despite some pullback in Bunds, the contract is in a narrow 46 ticks range (176.21/176.67).
- Peripheral have widened further, albeit in small, with Italy leading by 2.2bps.
- Gilts are in a 39 ticks range (129.30/129.69), and are outperforming Bund on the margin.
- Gilt/Bund spread is 0.5bp tighter on the session.
- Despite the pull back in the UK long end, the shorter part of the strip has kept up pace, and the curves lean steeper.
- Looking ahead, Fed Bostic discusses Fed's role in making Economy more inclusive, Fed's George speaks to Business Economists, and CNBCs Steve Liesman will interview Kaplan on The Exchange.