Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Bunds and Gilts have bear steepened in early trade on renewed Brexit deal optimism.
- Various EU officials (Sefcovic, Michel, Barnier) speaking this morning on Brexit, haven't changed their tune on the challenges in the negotiations but of course again nothing to preclude an eventual deal. Barnier emphasizing UK "sovereignty" enough to get GBP on the front foot and Gilts weaker.
- In issuance, Greece tapping Feb-35 GGB via syndication.
- ECB's Lagarde and Lane speaking in ECB Listens event; though de Guindos speaks (2x) and Lane appears again, more interesting is likely to be BoE's Ramsden at 1310BST.
- UK Sep CPI came in slightly on the weak side for headline; no other key data today.
- Dec Bund futures (RX) down 43 ticks at 175.38 (L: 175.34 / H: 175.69)
- Dec Gilt futures (G) down 42 ticks at 136.04 (L: 136.03 / H: 136.26)
- Dec BTP futures (IK) up 2 ticks at 149.17 (L: 149.06 / H: 149.35)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 2bps tighter at 131.4bps