Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
A strong start for equities (+1.5-2.0% across Europe) has put a bit of pressure on Bunds at the open, while Gilts have recovered early lows, though within tight ranges.
- BTPs are higher and spreads have taken advantage of Bund underperformance, with 10s 2+bps tighter in early trade.
- Roll activity will continue to be eyed in Gilt futures following a brisk Friday (first notice for Sep is on Thursday).
- A very quiet schedule lies ahead in terms of data and speakers, with supply consisting entirely of bill sales (Germany, Netherlands, France).
** Latest levels:
- Sep Bund futures (RX) down 12 ticks at 176.98 (L: 176.93 / H: 177.25)
- Sep Gilt futures (G) up 7 ticks at 137.23 (L: 137.09 / H: 137.28)
- Sep BTP futures (IK) up 8 ticks at 147.86 (L: 147.85 / H: 148.15)
- Sep OAT futures (OA) down 9 ticks at 168.68 (L: 168.67 / H: 168.98)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 1.9bps tighter at 143.2bps