June 23, 2022 16:06 GMT
EGBs had one of their strongest daily rallies in recent history Thursday, as much weaker-than-expected June flash PMI data indicated rapidly weakening European economic activity.
- Amid a bull steepening curve move, Bobl yields fell at one point by the fastest (over 30bp) since 1998, and closed about 60bp off the month's highs.
- Bunds rallied the most in a decade, testing support at 1.40%.
- Periphery EGBs and Gilts couldn't keep pace with the blistering German rally.
- The UK curve shifted down in parallel by about 20bp through the 10Y segment.
- BTP spreads widened, while GGBs underperformed.
Closing Yields / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads To Germany:
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is down 25bps at 0.812%, 5-Yr is down 26.2bps at 1.159%, 10-Yr is down 21.2bps at 1.426%, and 30-Yr is down 14.9bps at 1.686%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 20.5bps at 1.939%, 5-Yr is down 20.5bps at 1.961%, 10-Yr is down 18.2bps at 2.317%, and 30-Yr is down 15.9bps at 2.572%.
- Italian BTP spread up 5.1bps at 195.8bps / Greek up 11.2bps at 234.7bps
Keep reading...Show less