Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Bunds and Gilts outperformed Treasuries Tuesday, with the long ends of the curves enjoying a strong rally despite a near-30Y high eurozone inflation reading.
- Though the overall tone was bullish, with equities tumbling amid fears over the Omicron Covid variant/lockdowns, short-end USTsys sold off on Fed Chair Powell's signalling a quicker taper pace may be imminent; 2Y UK and German yields rose sharply in tandem.
- Overall, curves ended much flatter - UK 5s30s and 10s30s flattest since 2008.
- Periphery EGB spreads widened after enjoying some compression Monday.
Closing Yields / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads To Germany
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is up 1.4bps at -0.737%, 5-Yr is up 0.7bps at -0.618%, 10-Yr is down 3.2bps at -0.349%, and 30-Yr is down 7.7bps at -0.058%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 2.1bps at 0.484%, 5-Yr is down 3.2bps at 0.62%, 10-Yr is down 5.2bps at 0.809%, and 30-Yr is down 9.3bps at 0.853%.
- Italian BTP spread up 2.4bps at 131.8bps / Spanish up 0.9bps at 74.8bps