Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Gilts and Bunds traded weaker but in fairly erratic fashion throughout Tuesday's session, with periphery EGB spreads tighter.
- Italian spreads compressed, with optimism that stability will return following PM Conte's decision to resign this morning in order to form a new government.
- Bund yields came off the highs late in the session with the EUR weakening on a BBG report: "ECB Studying If Differences With Fed Policy Are Boosting Euro".
- Issuance was a key theme today with E14bn of E.U. SURE syndication (on books >E132bn!), and the UK, Netherlands and Italy holding auctions. We also had Greece, Austria, and Slovenia announce mandates.
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is up 0.4bps at -0.723%, 5-Yr is up 1bps at -0.734%, 10-Yr is up 1.7bps at -0.533%, and 30-Yr is up 2bps at -0.116%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 0.5bps at -0.138%, 5-Yr is down 0.1bps at -0.063%, 10-Yr is up 0.3bps at 0.265%, and 30-Yr is up 0.4bps at 0.838%.
- Italian BTP spread down 4.8bps at 118bps / Spanish down 1.7bps at 60.6bps