Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: /EGBs-GILTS: Fairly quiet start to the week in the European govvy
space, with a bit of bear steepening in both the Gilt and Bund curves.
- Periphery spreads mixed; Italy 10-Yr 2.8bps wider of Bunds; Greece in 1.6bps.
- Italy's Salvini again called for early elections; said 5-Star and Democratic
Party's alliance would be `unacceptable`. DP leader Renzi said in interview with
MNI that an early election would be a 'disaster'; open to 5-Star team-up.
- UK Labour Finance Spokesman McDonnell said earlier that Parliament should be
recalled early to debate Brexit (Commons recess ends Sep 3).
- Today the DMO will hold quarterly investor and GEMM consultation meetings to
discuss issuance for Oct-Dec.
- We get final Eurozone Jul inflation at 1000BST but that's largely it for data.
- Euribor/Short Stg strips largely unchanged. Latest futures prices:
* Sep Bund futures (RX) down 12 ticks at 178.48 (L: 178.43 / H: 178.84)
* Sep BTP futures (IK) down 29 ticks at 141.12 (L: 141.06 / H: 142.14)
* Sep OAT futures (OA) down 8 ticks at 170.05 (L: 170.04 / H: 170.4)
* Sep Gilt futures (G) down 3 ticks at 134.51 (L: 134.51 / H: 134.63)