Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STOCKS: Equities took a hit from the off after US NEC Chair Gary Cohn's
resignation was announced and as the US was said to be mulling tariffs against
certain Chinese goods & takeovers.
- Japan's Nikkei 225 briefly moved into positive territory but last trades 0.6%
lower on the day. Machinery names suffered, while retailers out-performed.
- The Hang Seng moved lower, trading down 0.4% as consumer staples outperformed
& energy weighed.
- China's CSI 300 posted the most marginal of gains supported by the PBoC
injecting capital via its 1-Year MLF ops, although it refrained from injecting
capital via its reverse repo ops. Banks advanced following a rule change
- The ASX 200 underperformed, last -1.0%, energy names traded lower, mining
names pulled back alongside iron ore, while the big 4 banks also eased.
- US index futures never threatened a real recovery, with the mini S&P 500 29
points lower, while mini Dow futures lost 340 points.