September 28, 2022 17:09 GMT
EM BulletFixed Income NewsHomepagePolitical RiskCommoditiesPolitical Risk BulletBulletMarketsEmerging Markets NewsForeign Exchange NewsPolitical Market News
The European Union Commission has shared a paper with EU member states outlining measures for bringing down the price of gas imports.
- Select quotes from the EU Commission paper:
- "The EU is ready to discuss a temporary measure to limit the influence of gas price on power prices."
- "Joint gas buying would help deliver equal access among EU countries to new gas sources."
- "Setting a price cap on Russian gas imports would help limit Russia's revenues."
- "A broad EU gas price cap risks disrupting the flow of gas across member states."
- "The EU Commission is ready to discuss a temporary measure to limit the impact of gas prices on electricity prices."
- "A broad EU gas price cap could only work if a new entity was formed to distribute gas between member states."
- "A price cap on gas used to generate electricity could help reduce electricity prices."