Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EURO-DOLLAR: EUR/USD last deals at $1.1263, 37 pips better off, bolstered by the
broader USD selloff in the wake of yesterday's MonPol decision from U.S. FOMC.
While leaving policy settings unch., the FOMC signalled that it may cut rates if
outlook worsens, although not quite yet.
- As the rate threatens the Jun 4 high/cloud top at $1.1277/80, bulls look for a
break here before challenging $1.1304-09, which registered highs on Jun 5, 6 &
13. Bears need a retreat below the Jun 17/18 highs at $1.1247/43 before setting
their sights on the 21-DMA at $1.1229.
- ECB sources told MNI that the Bank may begin groundwork for a new round of QE
as soon as next month (see MNI Main Wire at 17:06 BST 06/19).
- EU leaders are heading to a European Council meeting in Brussels later today.
On the agenda are further talks about filling the top EU jobs that go vacant
this year. These include ECB, EU Commission and European Council Presidencies.
- Elsewhere, focus today turns to German & EZ consumer confidence tallies, as
well as speeches from ECB's de Guindos, Rehn and Enria. The ECB will also
publish its Economic Bulletin.