Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Yld curves flattened as Tsys reversed course/sold off, short end hammered, bonds bounced back to session highs within an hour (30YY 1.7745L).
- Fed Chair comments on wrapping up tapering a "few months sooner" took a toll on short end, Sep'22 Eurodollar futures fell appr 12bps to 99.30 low, VIX vol index spiked to 28.56 (+5.7), put volumes surged and equities sold off (ESZ1 -80.0 at 4571.0). Significant Block 5s/ultra 10s flattener: -14,021 FVH2 vs. +5,650 UXYH2.
- Long end outperformed amid flurry of steepener stop-outs, general view of economy, uncertainty over Covid variants etc. 5s30s almost dipped below 59.0 -- lowest since March 2020, drew spec and fast$ buying with spd back to 63.5 late.
- Data on tap Wed includes ADP private jobs (+525k est vs. +571k prior) may give some indication on employ conditions ahead Fri' NFP (+535k est vs. +531k prior).
- The 2-Yr yield is up 3.9bps at 0.5236%, 5-Yr is down 0.3bps at 1.1468%, 10-Yr is down 6.1bps at 1.4375%, and 30-Yr is down 7.3bps at 1.7818%.