Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 110.97 High Mar 31 and the bull trigger
- RES 3: 110.55 High Apr 6
- RES 2: 109.70/96 High May 3 / High Apr 9
- RES 1: 109.51 High May 12
- PRICE: 109.48 @ 16:27 BST May 12
- SUP 1: 108.34/08 Low May 7 / Low Apr 27
- SUP 2: 107.48 Low Apr 23 and the bear trigger
- SUP 3: 106.97 Low Mar 4
- SUP 4: 106.78 50.0% retracement of the Jan - Mar rally
USDJPY rallied sharply on the back of higher-than-expected US CPI, pushing prices through near-term resistance to open the early May / early April highs of 109.70/96. This counters any downside signals evident in last week's trade through the trendline support at 108.44 (drawn off the Jan 6 low). A break of 109.70, May 3 high, would strengthen a bullish case and signal scope for a climb above 110.00.