The January 6 Committee is shortly due to begin proceedings of its last scheduled summer hearing. The committee investigating the unrest on Capitol Hill in January '21, will claim that former President Donald Trump waited for several hours before intervening during the 187 minutes a mob attacked the Capitol.
- Livestream of the hearing: https://january6th.house.gov/news/watch-live
- Axios: “The committee plans to highlight evidence that Trump was fully briefed and aware of the events unfolding in real time on Jan. 6.”
- A committee aide told reporters that President Trump "was the sole person who could call off the mob, and he chose not to.”
- Former deputy national security adviser Matthew Pottinger and former deputy press Secretary Sarah Matthews will provide testimony.
- Axios again: “Pottinger is a respected figure on both sides of the aisle. His testimony can't be easily dismissed by Trumpworld.”