Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Fitch says weak monetary policy and the Fed taper leaves indebted firms exposed to FX volatility in Turkey.
- Says reliance on short-term funding and distribution of debt maturities has not changed in Turkish corporates.
- 66% are now at or above the country ceiling (BB-) – making the portfolio more sensitive to sovereign rating changes
- WH Adviser Sullivan says Biden and Erdogan agreed to cooperate on Afghanistan and that US support for this would be forthcoming. Noted, however, that no progress was made on S-400s
- Russia says Turkey's proposal to keep forces in Afghanistan (Kabul Airport) after the US' withdrawal goes against the 2020 deal to pull out of foreign forces.
- Notes the deal stipulated full withdrawal of foreign troops by May 1 2021. The Taliban has expressed reluctance over the presence of Turkish troops
- Turkish, German Defense Ministers hold 'constructive' meeting in Ankara, discussing counter-terrorism.
- German Defense min said diplomatic missions in Afghanistan were crucial in ensuring security of the Kabul Airport
- HDP Deputy says gunman that attacked HDP headquarters was trained by pro-AKP bodies (SADAT) in northern Syria and tried to pass him off as a crazy drunkard.
- Noted the damage could have been far greater had the meeting of HDP execs set for the morning not been delayed