Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
USD held onto gains this afternoon, with covid spikes and lockdown risk keeping the currency underpinned on safe haven.
- All eyes today were on EM and especially the CBRT.
- CBRT didn't disappoint and hiked 475bps to 15% as economists expected.
- USDTRY dropped 20 big figures on the release and made an attempt at the 100d MA situated today at 7.5063 (printed 7.5151 low so far).
- SARB kept their rate unchanged at 3.5% as expected, which provided initial gains for the Rand, but the move quickly reversed.
- SARB noted data dependency, and USDZAR is now stable at 15.50 at the time of typing.
- Cable fell from 1.3212 down to 1.3196, following report that one of Barnier's Brexit negotiator tested positive for Civid and that talks were on hold for a short period of time.
- Cable has quickly recovered, with the downside initial dip looking to have been mostly algo and FM led,
- Cable is now at 1.3215 at the time of typing.
- Looking ahead we get ECB Schnabel, Fed Bowman and Rosengren, are scheduled to speak..