February 01, 2023 08:31 GMT
Freeport LNG Seeks Further Regulatory Approvals
Freeport LNG asked US regulators for approval to add natural gas to one of the three idled units at the shutdown plant based on a federal filing based Tuesday as it takes further steps towards re-opening.
- Market expectations are for the plant to restart in February but full operations will take longer.
- "Our expected timeline for restart remains mid-March - we expect it will take about 60 days from restart to 100% utilization," " according to Rystad Energy.
- Japan’s JERA, one of Freeports biggest clients does not expect LNG from the facility until March.
- Platts has referenced a number of sources expecting a production restart in February.
- As of Jan. 31, Freeport LNG had not yet submitted a request to the US Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration for permission to resume production at the facility.