Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Article here speaking about frictions between the CBRT governor Kavcioglu and Erdogan that precipitated the shift towards core CPI after Erdogan promised a decline in August - which failed to materialise and Erdogan blamed Kavcioglu for misleading him
- Also shows allegations of banking regulator meetings with deputy governors and not Kavcioglu as his English was insufficient to attend the meetings -which also angered Erdogan
- Journalist notes the concerning component is Erdogan feeling miseld about inflation, which is something his predecessors Agbal & Uysal both did in painting rosy pictures for the president and market but when problems surfaced it was too late as the opportunity to counter the issues had come and gone
- LINK: https://t24.com.tr/yazarlar/baris-soydan/kritik-to...,32529