Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
JGB futures coiled overnight, ultimately finishing at unchanged levels come the bell, with the broader cheapening in core global FI markets helping the contract back from its overnight peak.
- Political and COVID-related headlines will continue to dominate the domestic newswires, but there has been little in the way of notable impact on the JGB space from news flow surrounding these matters as of yet.
- A late Wednesday address from BoJ Governor Kuroda provided nothing in the way of notable, fresh information.
- The latest Bloomberg survey revealed that all but 1 of 47 economists think that a new Japanese Prime Minister is unlikely to change tack on fiscal and other policies sufficiently to force the BoJ to change its monetary policy settings.
- The latest round of Japanese monthly trade balance data will cross on Thursday, although it will be 20-Year JGB supply that presents the major event for market participants.