Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- GBP was bid from the European open, with GBP/USD benefiting on the way up to 1.3758 as markets eyed recent signs that UK COVID case growth could have topped out, and awaited comments from BoE's Broadbent. The MPC member flagged near-term upside risks to the inflation outlook, but posited that this would subside in time. GBP is off the best levels of the session but remains one of the firmest currencies in G10.
- NZD, USD and CAD are among the poorest performers so far Thursday, slightly reversing the price action over the past few sessions.
- The ECB rate decision takes focus going forward, with no changes in policy expected today, but markets are likely to laser in on the explanation and justification behind the ECB's strategy review that resulted in a symmetric inflation target. The decision is due at 1245BST/0745ET with the press conference following 45 minutes later.
- In the first real data releases of the week, US weekly jobless claims, existing home sales and the Chicago National Activity Index all cross later today. Eurozone consumer confidence is also due.