Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: GBP/USD: open $1.3448, Asia range $1.3430 to $1.3456, Europe
range $1.3463 - $1.3511.
* Rebalancing away from the dollar lifted cable above the $1.35 handle for the
first time since Dec8. Resistance levels layered between $1.3450 and $1.35
proved ineffective, with illiquid conditions allowing the pair to climb
relatively quickly on little volume.
* The break above $1.35 hasn't been maintained ahead of the NY crossover and
previous resistance levels may offer some support.
* To the upside, Dec8 highs at $1.3521 lie above the handle, with projections
from $1.3062 eyeing the $1.3565 level.
* Early closes in UK fixed income and equity products may mean volumes will fade
sharply after the NY crossover, but German CPI at 1300GMT may keep traders at
their desks for a little longer.