Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: Gilts have soared against the backdrop of disarray in the
government, with PM May`s Brexit deal and her leadership in the balance.
- The Dec 18 Gilt future is up 147 ticks at 123.29, having hit a high of 123.40
- It has been an extraordinarily strong day across the cash curve, with the
belly outperforming: 2-Yr yield down 9.5bps at 0.692%, 5-Yr down 15.3bps at
0.914%, 10-Yr down 14.8bps at 1.358%, and 30-Yr down 7.4bps at 1.909%.
- Short Sterling soaring esp in longer dated contracts; late 2021s up 17 ticks.
- MNI PINCH showing 2019 BOE hike totally priced out, only 70% chance of one by
Dec19, vs prev. 100% prob by Sep19 meeting.
- No respite from Brexit headlines today; next flashpoint will be PM May giving
a press conference at 1700GMT.
- Speculation swirling over a Conservative Party confidence vote on May`s
leadership; latest is that could be held Monday.