- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI DATA FORECASTS: Flash PMIs In Market's Eyesight
Government to Gradually Narrow Oil Discount to Boost Revenues
- Russia is seeking to gradually narrow the discount on its key export crude to the Brent benchmark as the government tries to boost revenue amid sanctions, Bloomberg reported Sunday afternoon. The government has proposed to limit the discount on Urals to Brent at $34 a barrel in April, $31 in May and $28 in June to calculate mineral extraction tax and profit-based tax. “Such a transition period of applying discounts to Brent price will allow oil companies to adapt” to the new mechanism to calculate taxes based on Urals quotations, the finance ministry said.
- Russia's 2023 GDP dynamics might prove to be better than the existing official forecast of the Ministry of Economic Development, minister Reshetnikov said as cited by Interfax. Under the ministry's forecast, updated in September 2022, Russia's GDP would drop by 0.8% this year.
- China and India have increased imports of high-sulfur straight run fuel oil (HSFO) from Russia in recent months, and inflows are set to rise after the EU ban on petroleum products, Bloomberg report citing industry consultant FGE. Russian HSFO could see increased demand as a refinery feedstock due to its steep discount to crude, FGE said.
- There are no major economic releases or speakers on the docket today.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.