Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A tight session again so far, the greenback holding most of its post-CPI losses. AUD/USD is down 1 pip, it is a light economic docket today with consumer inflation expectations due later in the session.
- NZD/USD is up 4 pips. Data earlier showed New Zealand July food prices rose 1.3% M/M. PM Ardern outlined the government's plan to expedite Covid-19 vaccine rollout, before implementing a trial scheme later this year.
- JPY is stronger, USD/JPY down 7 pips after the pair snapped a five day winning streak on Wednesday. Data showed PPI rise above estimates at 5.6% Y/Y and 1.1% M/M. A panel of experts advising the Health Ministry warned that strain on the healthcare system in Tokyo and other localities is reaching a critical phase, as Japan recorded another daily record in new Covid-19 infections.
- Offshore yuan is flat, USD/CNH holding yesterday's losses. There are fears of further regulation with a statement from the State Council yesterday saying it would actively work on legislation in areas including national security, technological innovation as well as anti-monopoly to improve the legal framework and help govern the country.
- Markets look ahead to UK GDP figures and PPI out of the US later today.