Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
High beta currencies came under pressure in a quiet, holiday thinned session in Asia as the greenback extended its rally to a third day. Volumes have been kept thin by market holidays in China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan while the economic docket has been virtually empty.
- The negative tone stems from worries surrounding the giant Chinese property developer Evergrande, markets seem to have been hoping for some clarity from the company considering bond payments due this week, but lack of communication has seemingly compounded uncertainty.
- AUD is bottom of the G10 pile, AUD/USD has now dropped through its 20-day EMA and breached a 61.8% retracement level at 0.7248, support is seen at the Aug 27 low of 0.7222. Further pressure was exerted on the pair as iron ore extended its slump below $100/ton.
- NZD also losing ground, data earlier showed Performance of Services Index slipped to 35.6 in Aug from a revised 55.9 in July.
- Market focus will be firmly on the FOMC decision/statement on Wednesday this week. Other notable central bank meetings include the Bank of Japan, Swiss National Bank and the Bank of England.