Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- On Tuesday, the NBH raised its benchmark rate by another 30bps to 1.20% (vs. 20bps hike according to BBG consensus), which has generated a bullish momentum on HUF.
- USDHUF is down over 5.5 figures since its high of 307.70 reached on Tuesday, gradually approaching its 302 support; a break below that level would open the door for a move down to 300. On the topside, resistance to watch stands at 305, followed by 307.70.
- EURHUF has also been trending lower in the past two days and is currently testing its 200DMA at 358.40; a break below that level would open the door for a move down to 356.80 (100DMA). On the topside, first resistance stands at 360, followed by 362.50.
- Hungary 10Y yield has been retracing higher this week, breaking slightly above its 50DMA at 2.85% this morning. Key resistance to watch on the topside remains at 3%; on the downside, ST support stands at 2.80% (100DMA).
- Yesterday, economic data showed that unemployment rate rose to 4% in June (vs. 3.7% exp.) and up from 3.9% the previous month.
- Next data to watch will be average gross wage and trade balance coming out on July 30.