Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
- Impressive reversal for Brazilian assets following Friday's sell-off. The Brazilian real comes roaring back, leading global gains on Monday and once again approaching the notable 5.00 level.
- USDBRL trend conditions remain bearish with attention on this support. A clear break lower would open 4.8187 further out, Jun 8, 2020 low.
- Local stocks performing well, potentially reinforced by JPMorgan lifting its 2021 year-end target for Brazil's Ibovespa index to 140,000 from 134,000, anticipating that the country's growth outlook will improve as it reopens from the pandemic. New forecast implies upside potential of about 9% from Friday's close.
- USDBRL down 1.36% at 5.0223
- BRLMXN up 0.69% at 4.085
- WTI Crude Oil (front-month) up $1.73 (2.41%) at $73.43
- S&P E-Mini Future up 59.75 points (1.44%) at 4213.5
- Brazil Ibovespa up 1007.1 points (0.78%) at 129195.8
- Brazil DI Swaps:
- 2-yr -12 bps at 7.12%
- 5-yr -14 bps at 8.44%
- 10-yr -17 bps at 9.18%
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.