May 26, 2023 07:13 GMT
Indian Oil Products, Crude Oil Imports Fell In April
Indian crude oil and oil products imports fell on the month and on the year in April according to provisional data from the oil ministry’s Petroleum Planning & Analysis Cell.
- Crude imports fell by 8.3% year on year to 19.8mn tons.
- Oil product imports – LPG, fuel oil and diesel - last month fell to 2.995mn tons, down by 17.8% on the month and by 28.3% on the year.
- Diesel imports rose by 7.6% on the month to 6mn tons, also up by 134% on the year.
- Oil products exports – diesel, gasoline and naptha – declined by 27.3% month on month in April to 4.365mn tons, also down by 19.7% on the year.
- Consumption of fuel in India, a proxy for oil demand, fell by 0.2% from a year earlier to 18.409mn tons in April.