Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
US DATA: Initial unemployment claims +20k to 245k in Dec 16 employment
survey week vs 235k expected, putting claims above the recent trend.
Volatility is common during holiday periods.
- The level of initial claims is only 5,000 above the 240,000 level
in the Nov 18 employment survey week, so there is little to draw from
the comparison for the Dec payrolls data.
- The 4-wk moving avg +1,250 to 236,000, and could rise further next
week as the 238,000 level in the Nov 25 week drops out.
- Continuing claims +43,000 to 1.932m in the Dec 9 week.
- Labor said claims filings were still disrupted and still estimated in
the Virgin Islands. Claims were also estimated in Maine.