Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian has told reporters that, "the people want results from us" ahead of a final decision on the revised Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action nuclear accords which is expected before a midnight deadline tonight Tehran time: 00:00 IDT 20:30 BST 15:30 ET.
- Sina Toossi of Foreign Policy has posted a twitter thread with a summary of Abdollahian's comments.
- Abdollahian: “Parliament says that the draft text has problems, but the other side of course has its own demands.”
- Abdollahian: “The other side, 6 countries, has its own considerations. The agreement is the result of the conflict of views between us & the P5+1.”
- Abdollahian: “We have a draft text that is 100% based on our national interests.”
- Abdollahian: “What the people want from us today is the results of the negotiations. They say you negotiated & talked enough. The people want results from us.”
- The presser is the firmest indication yet that Iran may agree to the revised text of the JCPOA accords which was negotiated this month in Vienna through EU mediation.
- Toossi: "Abdollahian said at the latest Iran will give its response to draft text by tonight midnight Tehran time. He said 3 issues remain & in the “coming days” Iran will “announce its final views.”