November 30, 2022 08:44 GMT
Iraq Plans To Boost Oil Export Capacity From 2023
Iraq is planning to start increasing oil export capacity from next year, according to the deputy director-general of Somo.
- Export capacity from southern ports is estimated to increase between 150-250k bpd from next year.
- The project involves rehabilitating the southern port of Khor Al-Amaya and marine pipelines, Mohammed Saadoon.
- The Khor al-Amaya terminal is expected to operate at around 400k bpd, when operations resume.
- Iraq exported 3.29mbpd from its southern ports in October, according to the Ministry of Oil.
- The Ministry is also pursuing plans to boost oil production to 5-5.5mbpd by 2028. The country currently produces 4.65mbpd.