Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
US EURODLR FUTURES: It has been a bumpy ride but Eurodollar futures have moved
higher this week, with each day posting a higher close than the day before.
- A risk off start to the week, partly driven by concerns around US-Sino trade
negotiations and partly by global growth concerns saw the strip move higher.
- The moves higher accelerated on the back of the ECB meeting as global growth
concerns further increased. The ECB announced that it would launch a new round
of TLTRO liquidity operations, extended its forward guidance to keep rates unch
until at least the end of the year while also sharply revising down its growth
and inflation forecasts. In addition, the ECB noted that risks remain to the
downside in spite of the new TLTROs as the ECB was unable to cushion the
Eurozone economy from external factors such as a Chinese slowdown or Brexit.
- Friday's poor NFP print saw a brief spike higher before focus turned to better
earnings and unemployment data and the strip moved back to pre-data levels.
- This week, the front-end steepened with Whites (H9-Z9) unch to 5.5 ticks
higher, Reds (H0-Z0) 7-10 ricks higher while the rest of the curve is 11-12