Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The rally in the greenback stalled in the final hours of US trade on Thursday and has moved in a range since. Movement so far limited with markets keeping one eye on the BoJ rate announcement later. USD/JPY is up 7 pips last, data earlier showed Japan's core measure of consumer prices rose for the first time in 14 months. Core CPI inflation printed at +0.1% Y/Y, while headline reading was -0.1%. All in all, inflation figures were marginally better than expected.
- AUD/USD is up 3 pips, AUD is near its weakest in a year and is on track for the biggest weekly decline in 2021 so far.
- NZD/USD is up 7 pips, markets digest reports from yesterday that New Zealand will begin mass vaccination against Covid-19 in late Jul, with rollout to be organised by age cohorts.
- Offshore yuan is stronger, USD/CNH stalling after a five day rally. There some reports earlier that Chinese apps could face subpoenas, or even bans, under a Biden executive order aimed at protecting private information
- GBP/USD caught a bid after reports in UK media that the government could considering shortening the extension of lockdown measures, meaning the economy could fully reopen on July 5, two weeks earlier than indicated.