Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
JGBS: JGB futures eased overnight, losing 19 ticks vs. Tokyo settlement, as the
BoJ trimmed the lower and upper limits of its purchase bands for 3-25+ Year
Rinban operations in its October Rinban outline, while it lifted the lower and
upper purchase limits of its 1-3 Year operations. As a reminder, this came after
the BoJ lifted the size of its 1-3 Year Rinban purchases & cut the size of its
3-5 Year Rinban purchases on Monday.
- This reaffirms the Bank's desire to steepen the yield curve, and was reflected
in market pricing on Monday.
- The BoJ's Tankan survey will be scrutinised today, with a particular focus on
matters surrounding CapEx plans. Elsewhere, the latest labour market survey
revealed a downtick in the unemployment rate.
- Also worth remembering that Japan's heavily documented sales tax hike goes
into effect today.