Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
JGB futures get another kick lower on the latest move in U.S. Tsys, last -23 ticks, with the acceleration in the move in Tsys and upticks in the offer to cover ratios in 1-5 Year BoJ Rinban ops eyed.
- Cash JGBS have generally cheapened, with the long end the underperforming as the curve steepened. There were signs of receiving in the longer end of the swap curve during Tokyo morning trade, although that faded in the afternoon, given the broader market dynamic.
- In terms of details, the purchase sizes of the BoJ's 1-10 Year Rinban operations saw no change, while the offer to cover ratios were as follows:
- 1-3 Year: 3.10x (prev. 2.53x), 3-5 Year 3.94x (prev. 2.35x), 5-10 Year 3.17x (prev. 3.44x).
- The latest address from BoJ's Sakurai added nothing of note to the monetary policy debate.