Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Kyodo News Agency published the results of their latest nationwide opinion poll, conducted on October 23 & 24:
- 29.9% of respondents said they wanted to pick the LDP in the proportional representation (party-list) component of the upcoming general election. 11.6% of respondents preferred the main opposition CDP, which means that the gap in support for the two largest parties narrowed by 1.6pp. Support for all other parties remained in single digits.
- 33.3% of respondents said that they would choose LDP candidates in single-seat districts. 13.1% were ready to back CDP candidates, while support for candidates backed by other parties was in low single digits.
- Respondents were almost evenly split (44.7% for vs. 48.5% against) in their assessment of the electoral pact between five main opposition parties. There are 213 single-seat districts in which opposition parties have fielded joint candidates.
- The approval rating for the Kishida Cabinet was unchanged at 55.9%, with the rate of disapproval up 3.1pp at 35.9%.