August 19, 2022 17:47 GMT
Metals bulletUSEM BulletFixed Income NewsHomepagePolitical Market NewsPolitical RiskCommoditiesPolitical Risk BulletEnergy BulletsBulletMarketsEmerging Markets NewsForeign Exchange News
Iran International has published a leaked report from Bagheri Khan, Iran's chief negotiator at the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action nuclear accords, on US concessions to Iran.
- The leaked report has yet to be announced officially or independently verified but has received positive attention from journalists close to the talks and can be read on the IranInt twitter page here: https://twitter.com/IranIntl_En/status/15606762966...
- Some key points:
- "Issue of removing IRGC from FTO list will be discussed in talks that will follow revival of JCPOA, but the US guarantees its sanctions against IRGC wouldn't affect other sectors & firms."
- "Upon Russia's proposal, the new deal "notes the firm commitment of US President (not Biden) for returning to JCPOA compliance as long as Iran stays committed. Bagheri says this means the US president guarantees JCPOA implementation (though not binding neither for Iran or US)."
- "The snapback mechanism can only be triggered based on an IAEA report. If one country triggers the mechanism unilaterally, other parties commit not to cooperate with it, and compensate the Iranian side."
- "Iran will free all US prisoners once the [USD$]$7 billion worth of its assets frozen in South Korea are released."
- "The US guarantees all the companies working in Iran until end of Biden’s tenure will remain exempted from US sanctions for 2.5 years after the US withdrawal."
- According to the leaked report, Iran has also rejected a number of US demands including: "Destruction of Iran's centrifuges; Other side wanted Iran to destroy its IR-6 centrifuges but finally agreed Iran keeps the 100 machines in a warehouse under IAEA's watch."
- Iran also rejected an agreement, "that Iran & US will no more seek to kill citizens of each other."