Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The JGB curve saw some light twist flattening during the Tokyo morning, while futures shed 5 ticks on the modest risk positive price action witnessed elsewhere.
- Local news flow remains relatively light, headlined by PM Kishida noting that he plans to draw up his economic policy proposals in November (there is the small issue of the upcoming lower house elections to contend with, which will be held over the coming weekend). Kishida's comments pointed to focus on social security, digital garden cities and public sector pay.
- The latest round of BoJ Rinban operations resulted in the following offer/cover ratios:
- 3- to 5-Year: 2.87x (prev. 2.80x)
- 5- to 10-Yeat Year: 2.17x (prev. 1.86x)
- JGBis: 3.73x (prev. 2.90x)